It was really exciting to welcome some online influencers to BIS today:
- Mandy Garner, editor of workingmums.co.uk
- John Adams, editor of dadbloguk.com
- Dan Trent, editor of pistonheads.com
- Claire Gott, Structural Engineer and spokesperson for women in engineering
What were the top tips from our guests?
- anything about finance, family, travel and inequality is a sure fire way to catch the interests of these people's communities and networks
- if you want to get in touch with online influencers, its best to make sure you are joined up with other department's work, and make your work relevant to the readers - they are interested in topics, not policies
- if you want to get involved in a forum conversation or comment thread, find someone in your department who has a genuine interest in that community. If it's on Pistonheads, find someone who is interested in cars, likewise parenting or engineering
- influencer's audiences are interested in consultations, but its for departments to make themselves available to bloggers and website editors: explain clearly what a consultation is about and let the audience have the debate in their preferred environment
These are just my take aways. Please add more in the comments below.
Stay up-to-date by signing up for email alerts from this blog.